So, for the past few weeks I have slowly been going back to school to get some work done. I moved my furniture back in place, got all my computers hooked back up, organized my desk and cleaned a bit. I have even gotten some plans done for the first few weeks! Yesterday, I went to Walmart, with my Purchase Order in hand, and bought all my supplies that I will need for the beginning of the year.
I discovered somethings about myself (and probably about all teachers) during and soon after this trip to Walmart:
1. I get this excited nervous feeling in my stomach when I buy school supplies. I guess this is because I am excited to meet my new students but I am nervous just like they are to start a new year.
2. I love the feel of brand new crayons, markers, and colored pencils in my hand. They smell so good too!
3. I get so excited when I find a bargain....of any kind! Even if I am spending school money!
4. I know I am not back on contract yet, but I feel that I have to get work done in my room in order to enjoy the last weeks of summer....weird I know. But, if I don't go to school and work, I could quite possibly go crazy.....really!
5. I love to walk around the school and see who is back and how their summer was. It is nice to see everyone again and see where my kids from last year got placed.
6. I think about school stuff when I am at school, when I am home doing nothing and even when I am sleeping! Yes... I dream about school! Some dreams are kind of scary!
7. I love the smell of a newly sharpened pencil....and the way it works so perfectly the first time you use it.
8. I love to organize....anything and everything! It makes me feel so good about life.
9. My OCD-ness (yes it is a word...I made it up!) starts to come out in full blast as soon as I get back in that classroom!
10. I love my job and I am so thankful that I am where I am supposed to be, doing what I love!
So, like I said, I have gotten a lot of things done in my room and I am actually going to start a year AHEAD OF SCHEDULE! Whew! That feels so good! Maybe when I officially have to go back to work, I can keep ahead......doubt it but I sure can try!
Only one more week of summer for me....maybe I can actually NOT go to school and try to enjoy my last free days....maybe......