Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!
First let me say that I love all of my little people and they make my life so fun. But...I love Christmas break! Here are some reasons why:
1. I can sleep in. Not having to hear the alarm go off at 5:30 every morning is THE best part of being off of work. My teacher friends would agree, I can hear them now. :)
2. Enjoying my coffee on the couch. Usually I drink it in the car on the way to work and finish it while the kids are coming in the room. Sometimes, on crazy mornings, it gets forgotten and turns cold. So, of course I love to sit on the couch in my PJ's and actually ENJOY every sip of my glorious coffee.
3. Not having a schedule to live by. At school, everything is scheduled...even my bathroom break. Welcome to my life. If you have a job where you can go to the bathroom when you want, then be grateful. Teachers have to train their bodies to wait until lunch, or later some days. Try that every day-I dare you!
4. One word...ELLEN! Every day that I am off, I watch Ellen. Period. I don't do anything or go anywhere until Ellen is over. Seriously. Most of the days that I am off in the year, the episodes are re-runs because typically it is a holiday and she is not filming new episodes. But, since I am usually about 1/2 way through my day with the little people when Ellen comes on, the re-runs are all new to me. So, thank you Ellen for making my day...all through Christmas break!
5. Eating lunch when I want to. Like I said above, EVERYTHING that happens at school is by a schedule. I live by my watch. But, on break...I can eat at whatever time I want! And, I don't have to shove my food in my mouth in 5 minutes....I can actually ENJOY it. For those of you who have an hour lunch break every day at work...I hate you. As a teacher, we get 30 minutes. Which turns into about...10. Because...we have to drop off our class, make sure that they get where they need to be, go to the bathroom (finally!), and heat up our lunch. So, by the time I do all of that I usually have about 10-12 minutes to eat. Ahh... the joys of a teacher's lunch! But, this also one of my favorite times of the day. Why you may ask? Because this is my "adult" time. Most days this is the first time I get to talk to anyone over the age of 6. Doesn't take much to please me. :)
6. Not hearing my name 100 times. Figure this....I have 21 little people. Every time (yes, every time) any of them need to tell me/ask me something they start with my name. So, if they all talk to me 4 or 5 times each that is over 100 times a day. So, it is nice not to hear "Mrs. Gagley..." ALL DAY.
7. Talking to Brent on his lunch. I never get talk to him until after 4:30. Most days, I don't even see my phone until 3:00. On break, I can talk to him on his lunch break. Which is always nice! :)
8. Spending time with family. I love to see all of our family over the holidays. Brent and I are blessed with wonderful family!
You might see this as complaining.....but I assure it is not. These are things that are a part of my daily life at work. As I have said before in many posts, I love my job and would not trade it for the world. But...and my teacher friends will agree....I LOVE Christmas break. 2 weeks of sleeping in, enjoying my coffee, watching Ellen, eating when I want, seeing family and making my schedule as I go.
So...I have 6 days left of all of these wonderful things and then it is back to the little people! I am kind of starting to miss them.....