Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Soap Box

It is crazy how many of my friends are pregnant.  Seriously, I can think of 10 right now. No joke.  10. (BTW...I am happy for them all!)  So this is to all of my preggo friends.  Please read this post to help your future child be a good kid.  

 I must complain for a minute. It's been a long rough day.  So, let me get up on my soap box and get started.

The following are the most annoying and infuriating things a kid can do to their teacher:

1. Talking back.  What the heck happened to respect?!  When I was younger, I was taught to respect all adults.  No matter who they were...teacher, parent, grandparent, friend's parent etc.  In the past few years, I have noticed that kids talking back has become more and more prominent.  So, Moms:  teach your child to respect adults.  Period.  No exceptions. 

2. Eye rolling.  This kind of goes hand in hand with #1.  Probably the most disrespectful thing that a kid can do in my class.  Again, be respectful.  Sometimes you have to do things you don't like.  Get over it and move on.  Don't you dare roll your eyes at me kid.  If I had done that to my mother, my ass would have been red for a week. 

3.  Interrupting.  If I am talking to another person, please wait until I am finished before you start talking kid.  I can't talk to more than one person at a time.  If I had a dollar for every time I said "Raise your hand please." I would be a millionaire. 

4.  Tapping me repeatedly.  If you want to tell me something, then say my name.  Or raise your hand.  DO NOT tap me over and over and over again.  And...don't pull on my shirt. It is super annoying!

5.  Not following directions. If I ask you to do something (or stop doing something) please follow my directions.  Simple. Easy.  Just do it.  I hate repeating myself.

6. Whining. Enough said.  Just talk normally.

Whew.....that feels better.  Thanks for letting me complain.  I will climb off of my soap box now.  :)

I try my best to be patient with all of these habits, but that is easier said than done!  I know all of my "teacher friends" will totally agree with me. Most days, I do just fine, but today my patience was very thin.  The good news is:  tomorrow is a new day and we get to start over.  One of the best things about my job.  We get a totally clean slate tomorrow. 

In other news....I was voted Teacher of the Year at my school.  I was totally shocked and surprised that my fellow teachers nominated me for this great honor.  I still consider myself a "new kid" when it comes to this teaching thing.  I guess everybody thinks I know what I am doing. Ha!  I wonder if I will ever feel like I know what I am doing?!