Friday, August 24, 2012

Positive Discipline

Wow....I guess I have been busy! I haven't posted in over a month.  Oh yea, SCHOOL STARTED!!! I have a fabulous group of little people this year. They are going to be fun!

Anyhoo...I use an awesome approach in my class called Positive Discipline. ( I know some of you " old school peeps didn't think those two words went together. But they do!) I can not claim any piece of it as " mine" but I bow down to those who literally wrote the book! If you don't know about it, I suggest you take a look. I was introduced to this book/system in college, and haven't put it down since. My classroom wouldn't run without it in fact. Every year, I get compliments from parnts and have had several tell me they have changed how they discipline at home. What a great complimnt! Again, I dont take the credit...I give all of that to the authors. So, Here is the book, AKA my classroom bible.  (it's on Amazon!)


There is a website to take a look at too. Here is the link:

If you are a "newbie" teacher (or a veteran looking for a new classroom management system) I recommend taking a look. Your life as a teacher will be or ever better!!!

Parents: they have a Positive Discipline for home too.....if you are interested in something for "non-school time."

Happy Friday!